Benefits of this product
- Low interest rates
- Competitive variable interest rates.
- Interest-only payments while in school
- Interest-only monthly payments while in school and for 12 months after you leave school.
- Manageable repayment
- Once you leave school, your line of credit will be converted to a student loan with comfortable fixed payments.
- Option to make extra payments
- Pay more than the minimum amount each month to repay your loan faster.
- No need to reapply
- Apply once for a credit limit that you can continue to use and re-use1 while in school1.
- Convenient access
- Access your credit through your TD Access Card2, cheques and EasyWeb.
A Student Line of Credit just for you
Full or part-time post-secondary students in an accredited Canadian university or college
Credit limit amount:
- Full-time students: up to $15,000 per year, to a maximum of $60,000 over four years of study4
- Part-time students: up to $5,000 per year, to a maximum of $40,000 over eight years of study
What you’ll need to bring
- Most Undergraduate Student Line of Credit Applications require a co-signor
- Majority of Graduate and Professional Student Line of Credit Applications do not require co-signor
- Current address and previous address (if current address is less than 3 years)
- Your annual income (sources and amount)
- Your monthly mortgage or rent amount
- Your monthly payments (loans, credit cards, lines of credit)
- Household costs (utility, property tax, insurance, etc.)
- Proof of enrolment
- Social Insurance Number (optional)
You may also be interested in:
Decide which line of credit is right for you
TD Loan Life and Disability Insurance
2 Available when TD Canada Trust Student Line of Credit is programmed on your TD Access Card. Fees may apply for Interac® access and the use of other ATMs.
3 Annual proof of enrolment required.
4 Maximum credit limit is subject to program.
How to Apply
Visit a branch
Meet with a banking specialist in person at a branch that is most convenient for you.
Our banking specialists are ready to answer your questions and can assist you in opening an account.