High PRI Assessment ScoresWe strive to achieve the highest possible scores across assessment modules.
Direct ESG EngagementsAn active shareholder, we directly engage in ESG activities with companies across a broad range of industries.
Proxy Voting ActivitiesSince 2008, we have supported over 750 shareholder proposals related to a wide range of environmental and social issues.
Achievements and Initiatives
- PRI signatory since July 2008. TDAM was the first Canadian bank-owned asset manager to sign the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
View the 2020 RI Transparency Report for TDAM and TD Greystone*
- CDP signatory, including CDP Climate Change, CDP Forests, and CDP Water. CDP's mission is to see a thriving economy that works for people and planet in the long-term.
- Canadian Coalition of Good Governance (CCGG) participant. The CCGG promotes good governance practices in Canadian public companies and the improvement of the regulatory environment to align the interests of boards and management with those of their shareholders.
- One of twenty institutional investors across the globe to take part in a pilot project conducted by the United Nations Environment Programme - Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) with the goal of assessing how climate change and climate action could impact investor portfolios around the world. Learn more
* TD Greystone Asset Management (TD Greystone) legally amalgamated with TD Asset Management Inc. (TDAM) on November 1, 2019.
ESG Engagement Committee
Comprised of seasoned professionals bringing diverse expertise such as legal, external distribution, investment management and risk.
The committee oversees our ESG framework, engagements, proxy voting decisions and annual PRI reporting.
Our TD Sustainable Investing Framework was established in 2009.