Customers › Access to Banking
Access to Banking
As a financial services provider, we have a role to play in ensuring affordable and comfortable access to essential banking services.
TD opens personal accounts regardless of whether a person is unemployed, is or has been bankrupt or is unable to make an initial deposit, as long as required conditions are met.
- We offer all of our customers the option of the Minimum Chequing Account, a low-fee, basic banking option. Learn more.
- For individuals who are 60 years of age or older, TD offers 25% off the monthly fee for selected accounts. Learn more.
- For young people, we offer a Youth Account, providing free unlimited transactions for those under 19 years of age. Learn more.
- TD also offers the Every Day with Student Discount Chequing Account with 25 monthly transactions and no monthly fee for full-time post-secondary school students. Learn more.
- We comply with Canadian Government Access to Funds regulations to hold Canadian cheques up to $1,500 for a maximum of four business days when deposited to accounts that have been opened for more than 90 days, and allow access to $100 within 24 hours.
In the U.S.:
TD Bank provides accounts and services to lower-income families, those on government assistance and students.
- TD’s Convenience Checking Account offers free checking if a customer maintains a $100 minimum daily balance. This is one of the lowest minimum balance accounts in the industry. Learn more.
- Our Simple Checking Account has a $5.99 monthly maintenance fee and does not require a monthly minimum balance. Learn more.
- Our Student Checking Account has no fee and no minimum balance requirement. Student Checking Account customers can also open a maintenance-fee-free Convenience Savings Account. Learn more.
- Our 60 Plus Account has a low minimum balance requirement and comes with free standard checks, money orders and official checks Learn more.